Wizkid Hometown, State Of Origin, And Family Background – There is no one that is without a source, and popular Nigerian musician Wizkid is not an exception. He came from somewhere, he has his own hometown too, with his own family, and they mean a lot to him. Yeah, it is normal when you hear celebrities saying family is everything to them. We all know that their families have been with them from scratch, and it is believed that therein lies real love that supports without wavering.
In this article, we will see some relevant things about Wizkid hometown and his family background, and we will also make mention of certain other relevant things about his career in the entertainment industry.
Already, we don’t have to spend too much time introducing the artiste as many people already have some fundamental information about him. As it is known already, he broke into the big picture some years back with his single which he called – “Holla at Your Boy.”
Wizkid Hometown & Family Background
- Hometown / State Of Origin: Surulere, Lagos, Nigeria
Born on the 16th of July in 1990, he found himself in the home of Alhaji Muniru Olatunji Balogun who is a Muslim and a man who’s married, three wives. The musician’s mum – Dolapo Jane Balogun, is a Christian, and she is the one who was able to give his Dad a male child (the other wives bore females only)
Mrs. Dolapo Jane Balogun is a proud mum who is excited about seeing her son doing well in life. In an interview with her some years back, she made known her belief that her son’s success is from God.
The young musician was called Ibrahim due to his father’s religion, and it was seen that the man ensured he tried his best in ensuring peace in his family and household. Being the head of the family, he ensured he did a lot of things to see to it that everything is going on well in his home and among his family members.
There has always been a good relationship between Wizkid and his dad, and even till this time, both of them are still cool. Due to some reasons, his father earned a local title in their vicinity that is known as Mogaji Adinni.
However, there is something important we should take note of. If you are familiar with his story, you should know already that he dropped out of school at some point in time. The reason he took the step, according to reports, was to enable him to concentrate more on his music career (as he seems to have a lot of beliefs in his capacities in that regard). However, it was made known that when he took that step as at then, his dad wasn’t too pleased with him for doing that, and due to this reason, became very upset with the boy. In fact, it was said that his family was not in support of the idea, and we can understand where they are coming from. Here is a country where tertiary education is given a lot of priority and anyone who decides not to acquire it is seen as someone harming himself and who is limiting himself.
But then, everyone wants the best for their children, and so, when it was becoming obvious that he is getting on well with his choice of career, they have no alternative but to begin to support him and become happy with the things he seems to be doing. In fact, after making a lot of money, he was said to have bought a big house for his parents – so, it is not a surprise that they will definitely support what he does.
Nevertheless, while some other persons won’t mind to quickly move to the mansion in Lekki, his father wasn’t carried away with the splendor but decided to remain put where he was used to in Surulere. It should also be added that although the man appears to be moving away from the full glare of the public, he remains proud of his son’s achievements and success.
While talking about Wizkid’s family and background, some people have quickly pointed out some things which his dad did which he appears to be replicating. For instance, it should be remembered that his dad has three wives, and he too now has three women who have given birth to him at his young age. We can’t tell however if he intentionally did that or if it was a coincidence. However, some people are already feeling there is something else to it and that he isn’t looking set to marry any of them.
Wizkid Childhood And Career Rise
- Wizkid completed his primary and secondary education there at Surulere and also became a part of the choir in his church. He picked the stage name, ‘Lil Prinz,’ and released his first studio album as an eleven-year-old boy.
- When things aren’t going the way he expects at first, he chose to focus on his studies and finish his school education. He made the choice to enter LASU in the year 2009 but still dropped out when music keeps taking his attention. He was sent to another university in Ibadan – Lead City University, but he still left the school after spending two sessions there.
- Wizkid has confessed that there are some Nigerian artistes who inspired him in his career. He made mention of the likes of Bob Marley, Fela Kuti, and King Sunny Ade. The musician also makes it known that Naeto C Was the one who took time to coach him as a young teenager.
- In fact, a few months before he became a hit, he wasn’t even bearing Wizkid. While going around as a solo artist with the stage name ‘Lil Prinz, he might not have known that something else awaits him after some time. When he met OJB Jezreel, the producer became his mentor and he keeps going to the studio he owns to learn some important rudiments. According to reports, he was advised to pause for some months so he can see how others are doing it and learn appropriately from them.
- When he left the University, he then met with Banky W who owns Empire Mates Entertainment (EME) and they started working together. From there he began to stand on his feet and started bringing out interesting songs that shoot him into the spotlight. He dropped various albums and he became a hit in the entertainment industry. The songs increased his value and he was being invited to various shows.
- As his popularity keeps rising, it got to the stage where he easily gets endorsement deals from big firms. He worked with the likes of Pepsi in the year 2012, and he reportedly was paid the whopping US $350,000.
- The same year he struck his lucrative deal with Pepsi, he went ahead to prepare another album that was widely accepted from various quarters. Additional, his fans base increased, and develop new persons started following his activities on various social media networks. The album, which was said to be initially called Chosen, was changed to ‘Ayo, and in it, the likes of Femi Kuti and Banky W played roles there.
- In 2013, the musician made known his choice to move ahead, and he chose to part ways with his record label to create his own (which he called ‘Star Boy Entertainment.’). He also joined the ambassador list of some top companies including MTN and Guinness and he was being paid heftily to work with them.
- In 2015, the musician moved on to release ‘Ojuelegba,’ and when the remix came out, fans were delighted with voices of some foreign rappers. The same year, having become more popular beyond the shores of Africa, he then worked with American singer – Brown. The musician also released more songs that were embraced by his fans all over the country.
That’s all about Wizkid hometown and family background.
- DAVIDO’S BABY MAMA – Interesting Things To Know About Them
- Lionel Messi Family Tree – Wife, Kids, Parents And Siblings
- Wizkid Educational Background And History
Tag: Wizkid Hometown, State Of Origin and Wizkid Family Background