Canadian passport holders are required by law to obtain a visa to enter the UAE. These changes came into effect during the dispute over UASE Canada flights. Whether it is retaliation or not, the policy continues to this day. Before travelling to Dubai from Canada, you need to make sure that you know what to expect from yourself. You will receive a visitor visa for Dubai / UAE on arrival. This is the visit visa, which is valid for between 30 and 60 days. For Canadians, no prior agreement is required for a traveller to obtain the permit.
The visa stamp is free, which makes it cheaper for Canadians to get a UAE / Dubai visitor visa. This is free for visitors arriving through Abu Dhabi Airport, Dubai International Airport or any other UAE airport in the country. If you are arriving by land, you may have to pay a stamp duty of between 20 and 30 dirhams at the border post. When the visa expires, a Canadian citizen can easily extend their visa.
If you’d rather leave Canada on your visa, you can apply for one at the United Arab Emirates Embassy in Ottawa. To get the Ottawa visa, you must meet the minimum application requirements.
UAE visa requirements for Canadians
1. Fill out the visa application form and the attachment on the way correctly.
2. A recent passport photo that is clear.
3. A copy of your passport; The passport must be valid for at least six months from the day you arrive in the UAE.
4. Payment of visa fees, which can be made by postal order, bill of exchange or certified check. The exact amount in Canadian dollars must be paid to the Embassy of the United Arab Emirates in Ottawa.
5. The completed visa application form with the money order and a correctly addressed, stamped return envelope must be sent to the embassy 15 working days before the planned departure date. These should be sent by post to the embassy addressed to the visa department.
Please note that the money you sent to the embassy will not be refunded if your visa application is rejected.
Due to the increased security, Dubai immigration authorities are conducting a random visual inspection of visitors. This is a purely accidental exercise; When asked to choose one, you need to work together. For verification, you will need to provide a printed version of your visa or a printed version of the page with the visa number stamped on it. However, if you don’t have one, a copy can be made for you for an additional 30 dirhams.